Look What I Can Do!

My photo
I have been in women's professional football since 2003. Sometimes, I make a funny. And yes, that is NKOTB in the photo.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Career Day...and stuff

My football team was recently asked to partake in Career Day at a local elementary school. Four of us decided to go. Sorry to the bugkiller who couldn't quite make it. The theme to this Career Day was "Non-Traditional Careers for Women". Being an engineer and football player, I guess you could say we were "non-traditional".

So we show up, get our visitor pass (Nancy's nametag said Mary for some reason) and went to talk with some 4th and 6th graders. One of the local news anchors was there...how the hell were we going to outdo her? She was cool and even chatted up with us.

So Mary and I teamed up to talk with the 6th graders. LC and Chara took on the 4th graders and even brought presents. Damn. We had three classes over an hour and a half time span.

We were supposed to talk about our career: who, what, how, where, how much you get paid. I think the most common question, however, was "How many touchdown passes have you thrown?" This was directed to Mary. Also they asked about injuries and what our season records were. We even explained football positions.

Mary and I also talked about our engineering careers with the kiddies. We should have told them about how we email each other and check our myspaces all day....but we didn't. We didn't want to give away all of the perks of being behind a computer. I mean, I have nothing to do the rest of today so I'll be surfing the internet. It's why I became an engineer.

After finding out most of the class hated math, I decided to show them a few math tricks I had learned over the years. I bedazzled them.

At the end of class, we instructed everyone to check out our website, www.alabamarenegades.net.... then we mentioned our Myspace. It was like a bomb went off...sixth graders asking us what our Myspace name was....

Future engineers right there...

No comments:

Google